ILTA has developed the myMentor program to facilitate the ongoing professional development of ILTA community members. The ILTA myMentor program will focus on professional growth, communication skills, diversity, emotional leadership, reflective analysis, and empowerment. ILTA will provide the structure to support the program through a thorough application process, dynamic Mentor/Mentee (virtual) matching event, and any necessary guidelines and tools for success. Mentees and Mentors will be encouraged to identify goals and track such for the ILTA myMentor engagement.
As a Mentor, you will provide guidance to your Mentee by creating a climate of trust and information sharing based upon your professional and life experiences.
Four (4) months; January – April. Month 1 will consist of orientation / matching event participation. Mentoring will take place in Months 2-4.
The team is comprised of the following roles:
- Mentors assigned to specific mentees through the myMentor matching program facilitated by the myMentor committee and ILTA staff.
The team will be supported by the ILTA CEO and the Director of Member & Volunteer Operations.
- As Mentor your role will be to adhere to the guidelines set forth by the myMentor committee including but not limited to:
- One-to-One interactions with your Mentee on an agreed to schedule
- Provide actionable advice
- One (1) Mentee relationship (to be identified)
- Abide by ILTA's Conflict of Interest Policy
QUALIFICATIONS FOR SERVICE:
- ILTA member, Business Partner, Associate Participant, or Industry Participant
- Complete the ILTA Conflict of Interest Form
- At least two years’ experience working in legal technology
- Willingness to accept direction from the volunteer leadership and ILTA staff as required
- Willingness at all times to act as a reflection of ILTA’s core values
- Prior experience as a Mentor is a plus, not required
- Professional demeanor
- Respect for protocol and history of the organization
- Effective interpersonal communication
- Business acumen
Skills you can expect to learn from this volunteer position include:
- Goal setting
- Improve subject matter expertise
- Network and learn from the challenges and successes of peers
ILTA volunteer leaders do not receive compensation for their services but may be reimbursed for expenses.